Peadiatric First Aid 12 hours, Level 3, 2 Days
The Qualsafe Paediatric First Aid at Work qualification is recognised by Ofsted to meet the requirements for professionals working within the child care sector. We will teach you with easy to understand explanations of how to treat minor conditions such as abrasions, cuts, bruises as well as approximately responding to more serious conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, allergic reactions, sickle cell and convulsions and others.
- Planning and dealing with first aid emergencies
- Identifying the responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Management of unconscious baby or child
- Basic life support and resuscitation for baby and child
- Choking Baby and Child, foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Management of minor and major wounds and bleeding, eye injuries and soft tissue damage
- Head, back and neck injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Concussion and Compression
- Fainting and Febrile Seizure
- Smoke inhalation, ingestion of chemicals and poisons
- Asthma, Diabetes, Sickle Cell, Epilepsy, Meningitus, Anaphylaxis and electric Shock
- Effects of heat and cold
- Content of First Aid Box
- Prevention of cross infection
We always recommend you follow Ofsted’s rules and regulations. Ofsted recommends a Paediatric First Aid course if you look after children in either residential or day care, that have not yet reached puberty.
We suggest the one day Emergency First Aid at Work, to cover adult workers and visitors to a nursery. We believe this would offer schools and nurseries the best option for their staff and children.